Centering for Wellness, Inc. is an organization whose mission is to promote individual well-being, improve functioning and quality of life, increase self-responsibility, and sustain healthy lifestyle and coping responses within a variety of healthcare, educational, and community outreach settings. Our organization, established in late 2008, serves the greater Rochester, NY area, as well as the NYS region, with hopes to expand our program throughout the northeast.
Simple wellness, coping and self-help tools can significantly improve individual and organizational responses to the ever-increasing functional challenges and stressors that exist in our society. This long-time need has been more recently exacerbated by the deterioration of financial and healthcare systems. Individuals struggle to function effectively, having been forced into disempowered choice-making. It is now being established that prevention is the key to treatment and successful problem solving, which is the mission and work of Centering for Wellness.
Empirical research has shown the benefits of successful coping. The authors of the 2001 article “Perceived Stress and Cellular Immunity: When Coping Counts” Journal of Behavioral Medicine reveal that “active coping can have positive effects on immune function and more importantly reveal that active coping is more likely to have positive effects at high stress levels.” We take this research seriously, which is why our programs are designed to aid individuals in coping and decision-making processes.
Our programs are designed to:
- increase personal wellness and responsibility
- support coping with stress and illness
- improve individual and organizational functioning
Want to find out more? Please contact us and/or check out additional sections:
Centering for Wellness, Inc. will use holistic practices and facilitated learning experiences to support, educate, and counsel the following audiences:
- Individuals who seek a balanced, grounded lifestyle and improved approach to life and its challenges
- Empowered choice-making for youth and adults with chronic and life-threatening illness
- Medical and social service providers who treat and/or guide individuals and families through grief processes
- Health care professionals and providers who seek new tools and techniques to support those in their care
Holistic practices will be utilized in day long seminars, training and workshop sessions. Tools to accomplish goals include:
- energetic healing